View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #87
Parker Wayne
Yeah, I can fly.

Default Re: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I think it's main appeal will basically be what the trailer shows; Superheroes fighting an alien invasion. What I think the trailer really did well though was introduce the main characters separately. Some good character moments and some plot building.
That is definitely something that can push it past the niche audiences. Iron Man had fully done it by grounding it in reality and using the war on terrorism as a back drop, though only to an extent.

Thor and Captain America had done it successfully (though not to as big an extent as Batman or Iron Man) being just being well made movies.

What Avengers must do convince people "This isn't just your average Superhero movie" and must do it with more than "We have a bunch of characters together". The Alien Invasion Angle is something I'd push more with Marvel along with character moments, which in the right way can resonate with audiences.

Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote