View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #551
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Actually, I would have to agree. As much as I like Jennifer Lawrence and think she played a better Raven Darkholme, I think that Rebecca Romijn looks better in the blue make up than Jennifer does. Jennifer looks great when she's in human form, but somehow the blue makeup isn't as flattering on her. Rebecca still managed to look sexy (and I'm talking purely about her face not her body, although that was sexy too) despite looking more "alien". I didn't think that Jennifer's Raven was uninteresting though. Rebecca's version seemed rather wooden.
I agree with that. Rebecca's supermodel body and bone structure meant she looked good naked and blue. Jennifer doesn't look as good but considering she is playing the character as a young woman, I was okay with that.

Quote:
Well when Rebecca Romijn played her, she didn't have blonde hair when she reverted back to human form. She usually had black hair. I don't know what that's about. Was Raven supposed to have dyed it? Or was it just a different form she was assuming?
In X3, her human form had black hair. Presumably they were trying to show why she was named Raven.

Also, that can't be criticised as such because it came before First Class. What First Class did was decide to give Mystique a human form that was, essentially, how Jennifer Lawrence actually looks. We don't know if that is a form she chooses to take as a disguise or whether it would be how she looked if she were not a mutant.