View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #552
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well that could happen If the filmmakers listen to some and announced First Class as
a reboot.So people should hope they keep this as Prequel/Recon
Reboot or not, I don't think Wolverine belongs in this series of the X-Men's early years. Not to mention that for a mainstream audience, it would ask questions as to why they never remembered meeting him before. Do they all get to have mindwipes this time? I don't think it would work. I can only think of one scenario where he could be included successfully and I don't want to give anyone any ideas!

I would rather the First Class franchise try to follow the early comics (prior to the Second Genesis of 1975) where possible. There's already been enough criticism of the existing character line-ups. I'd rather see, for instance, Taylor Lautner as Thunderbird than see Wolverine. Not that I particularly want Thunderbird either.

Wolverine needs that visionary Japan tale (which might have been better delivered with Aronofsky, but still...).

If they want star power for First Class 2, there must be some other big actor and some other interesting character they can introduce.