View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #98
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Should this Superman kill? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I don't agree with them either.

Batman, to me, is a troubled soul who tries to do the right thing. So to have him become cold, cynical and uncaring, it doesn't make sense. It never has. It does not make any sense for Batman to kill or leave people to die when he has the opportunity to save them.

That scene in Begins was 100% inspired by Miller's take. Batman turning cold and cynical just to get one over on Ducard for lecturing him about saving his enemies. What he should have done was saved him, but knocked him out cold and hard afterwards!
Totally agreed.

IMO that is ALWAYS a more satisfying ending. Just the same way that him catching the Joker before he hit the ground in TDK was.

In a way, Harvey Dent's death didn't bug me as much as Ra's, because it was an instinctual thing. It was saving a little boy. And it had a point to it.

Ra's death was a decision that he shoud die. A decision Batman shouldn't have made IMO, and one that didn't fit with the rest of the film.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote