View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #87
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Irrelevant. They are both comic book movies. One based on a guy with spider powers, the other of a man who dresses like a giant bat.

It's very relevant. Batman rogues don't rely on superpowers. Neither does Batman. That's why its more "believable". Comparing a guy dressing like a bat to a guy's "spider powers"? Really?

You keep looking for believability in an unbelievable world. Would it have been more poetic to deliberately disfigure half his face? Yes. Did it hurt the movie that it happened accidentally? Hell no.

Now you're making my argument for me. Like I said, it would have been more poetic. The title of this thread is "Biggest Disappointment". That was my biggest disappointment. It could have been handled much better. And because I'm talking about MY biggest disappointment, then yes, it did hurt the movie...in my eyes.

The moment we learned there was a secret lair of ninjas in the Himalayas plotting to destroy cities with a microwave emitter and fear toxin, realism went out the window.

Two Face looking like Two Face was no more a problem than Batman looking like Batman from the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies.

Don't know where you are coming from here.

Awww sticks and stones. More like you haven't got a good argument to make if your past form is anything to go by, and now you're sinking to personal insults.

The writing is on the wall with you.

Again, there is no reason for me to make a "good argument". The thread is here for people to discuss their biggest disappointment. Two-Face's transformation was mine. I think it was terrible and I expect much better from the Nolans. Disagree all you want, there is really nothing to argue about. You admitted earlier my idea would have been more poetic. That's what I wanted. If you just want to argue, find somebody else.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't share it though.
Thank god. I'd be a little worried if we were on the same page.