View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #81
The /
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

I saw it at the theater on it's first day of release. I would have been four years old at the time. A couple of years before that, my love for movies and, of course, my love for Batman started when my dad bought me the 1989 film on VHS. From that point on, we really began to bond over Batman. As young as I was, I can still remember how hyped I was for that movie and I think my dad was quite excited, too. I can definitely remember us trying to collect all of the cups from McDonald's and getting all of the Happy Meal toys. It wasn't the first movie I saw in theaters (that was TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze), but it's the first movie I can remember being old enough to be excited for.

Anyway, that whole experience was special to me and it still is to this day. We went to the theater on that day and had a great time together. I really liked the theater we went to. It was my favorite just because of how small, but nice it was. It felt like a small town theater. I remember getting a booklet in the lobby, too. Some sort of program about Batman Returns. Had a bunch of pictures and interviews, I think. Just felt like a complete experience. Loved every moment of it.

The / is offline   Reply With Quote