View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #86
Rowsdower!
ESREVER

Default Re: The Official Superman Marketing Campaign Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Channing Tatum was at least great in 21 Jump Street, I haven't see one performance of Routh's in which I thought that he was anything but bad or verging on bad.

He was bad on Chuck

He was terrible in Dylan Dog

He was bad on a Fear itself episode

His performances in bit roles haven't been good either.

His best performance was in Superman Returns and that's probably because Singer is good at directing actors but that still is not a good performance in the slightest.

I hate to take us back to 2006 and re-litigate things but I just do not understand how anybody likes him as an actor. I am so happy that he is gone. I'm not saying that Cavill is Deniro or anything but I thought he was 1000 percent better than Routh in the few things I've seen him in.

Now I'm going to jump back into 2012...
Yeah, I don't get it either. I think Bryan Singer was out of his mind when he cast the role. I think he was so hung up on the whole "WOW THIS GUY LOOKS JUST LIKE CHRISTOPHER REEVE" thing that he would have cast him no matter what. I mean, I think he actually admitted that he decided on casting him just because when he met him, Routh spilled coffee on himself. I know Singer had seen his screen test, but you would think he would have wanted to have Routh read for him at least once before handing him the keys to the franchise. Bizarre.

Anyway, yeah, Cavill is a much better actor. Though I'm kinda hoping Cold Light of Day gets swept under the rug because it really doesn't look very good.