View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #89
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Super powers is just as unbelievable as the antics that Ra's, Joker etc did in Nolan's movies. Nothing that the likes of Ra's, Joker, Batman etc did could conceivably happen in the real world any more than what Spider-Man and Doc Ock did.

I don't care about what you're disappointed in. That's your opinion. I was questioning the logic behind your reasons for your disappointment.

I'm telling you that Nolan has not gone to great pains to ground anything in realism. What you see in these movies is not realistic in any way, shape, or form.

Your hang up on Two Face's appearance makes no sense.

Discuss being the operative word. Discussion requires detail and a good argument. You haven't given that.

I'm not arguing that you find it disappointing. There's nothing to argue about regarding that. It's your opinion. Like I said it was the logic behind your disappointment that I called into question.

There was me thinking I'd never agree with you on something
And I explained why I was disappointed in it. Because exactly half of his face was burned off by accident, when it would have been more tragic and believable for me if it had been done on purpose by one of his enemies, especially since he'd already been dubbed "Harvey Two-Face" behind his back. Why I had to do that again, I have no idea. You're asking me to explain things I've already explained.

As far as your assertion that I don't respect other people's opinions...rubbish. My initial post detailed my biggest disappointment, with no mention at all of others' opinions. You started harassing me about mine, and then said my problem was that I don't respect other people's point of view. How the hell does that work?

I can't decide if this is more like talking to a brick wall or a child.