View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #22
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Default Re: Should Fox pull a "Star Wars" with X3 & Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDavey View Post
I know a lot of people hate what George Lucas does with the Star Wars films, by adding new details to the films whenever he re-released them, but it got me thinking maybe it would be a smart move to do this to "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" because of some of the contradictions with "X-Men: First Class".

I'm mostly refering to the scenes with Xavier standing/walking. Maybe re-film those scene with James McAvoy as Prof. X instead? That way they could try and connect it better with "First Class".

I thought it would be a smart idea anyways, considering most people don't care much for those 2 X-Men films. I figured besides the cameos, X1 and X2 fit nicely with X:FC, so they wouldn't need to be touched on. Only the other 2. Any thoughts?
Aye, I was thinking this as well, and almost started a thread to discuss the idea a couple of months ago(I didn't notice this one until today).

It would be technically easy to change those scenes, the only issue would be money, but I really don't think it would cost that mcuh to do, if you squeezed in a couple of days of shooting while they are doing the next First Class movie, *and* you would get a lot of FC fans re-buying X3 and Wolverine for the new inclusions.
They would most likely turn a profit with the dvd/blu-rays.

It's eays because charles and magneto don't actually share the screen with Jean Grey or her family, if I recollect, they just sit there on a couch, the camera settling on all the protagoinists seperately.

You just film MaCavoy and Fassbender sitting on a couch, and digitally integrate them, and for the outside scene, which is a bit more tricky, you could also digitally erase the original actors, and integrate MaCavoy and Fassbender.

Same with the end of Wolverine, digitally erase baldy, and integrate MaCavoy.

It would also get rid of the awful looking digitally 'de-aged' Charles and Magneto, which is a terribly unconvincing sfx.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 04-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote