Old 04-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #119
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Yeah, as someone that's adopted...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I really hate that they had to go there. I can understand another character saying that and "not getting it." People are kind of dense that way. But Thor? What happened to Thor yelling at Loki in their first encounter in this movie -- "you're still my brother!"
Well, considering this is Loki we're talking about and 3 years have passed between Thor and Avengers...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
...I'm thinking that Thor has learned a few things about Loki that have made him question his loyalty and acceptance of his adopted brother. Bear with me here, but there's an old non-Godzilla monster movie from the same studio that made the Godzilla films called War of the Gargantuas where the green evil Gargantua is into the killing and destruction of human beings and when the good, brown furred Gargantua finds out it's a huge monster smack down because the good one is appalled at the other's behavior. (If you can stand old time Japanese monster movies I highly recommend it!) I'm thinking maybe this is sort of what Whedon may be going for with Thor and Loki hence the line you speak of coming from Thor? Just put yourself in Thor's perspective and think how you'd react if you had a sibling that was a mass murderer. I'd be conflicted in the beginning but if my sibling continued to act like a monster I would want to disown them completely. In order for Thor to be the hero he must be to save Earth from Loki's violence he has to disassociate himself from Loki so his emotions don't get in the way of his sworn duty.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote