View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #56
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin confirmed for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Ugh. It's going to be really hard for me to watch the rest of this. If they were going to make all these changes they might as well have started from the Tokyo arc.

Better yet they could have done a more canonical adaptation of the Jinchuu arc instead of this.
Hopefully they will get to that.

Quote:
It was sort of funny.

I thought it was always implied pretty well that she and Shishio had sex. I agree that it just came off in poor taste though. It's one of those things better left unseen. Had to skip to that scene after reading the comments on it. People were mocking it.
I think both the anime and manga flat out say that Shishio and Yumi had sex. And besides, the concept of a sex scene between Shishio and Yumi isn't a terrible one, the problem lies that this one was just terrible. It looked goofy with Shishio's dialogue and keeping the bandages on.

The idea of Usui trying to attack Shishio when he's at his most vulnerable (while making love to Yumi without the bandages mind you) is actually a pretty ****ing awesome idea. It's such a shame that they botched it up so horribly.

Quote:
Haven't got there but that sounds like change with a purpose.
Yeah, this one really works. Makes the scene more traumatic for Misao IMO.