View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #89
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

As for the whole mutant thing, there's nothing to say that Marvel Studios (or Sony, for that matter) isn't allowed to have mutation as a source of superpowers. Technically, Hulk and Spider-Man are mutants; and Typhoid Mary, who appeared in Elektra, is actually *classified* as an X-gene mutant in the comics. There's probably a lot of leeway there; but even if there isn't, it would be easy enough for Wanda and Pietro's powers to derive from a different source in Avengers. Genetic manipulation, alien breeding, true magic and witchcraft, nuclear accidents, any of the usual suspects.
How Hulk and Spider-man got their powers are explained.
witchcraft? works for Wanda, not for Pietro...
alien breeding? no, I don't even know where they would begin with such a convoluted origin.
nuclear accidents? too random, esp for a bro and sis who have such different powers.

Genetic manipulation is the only one I could fathom working. Which takes us to Captain Stacey's point...

btw, I'm pretty sure that only Fox is allowed to use the term 'mutant' in regards to it's Marvel characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Yeah, and they could even have something with The High Evolutionary for Pietro and Wanda's origins...there was a great big crossover years ago with him in the comics.
I think they would have to simplify that origin, unless they were gonna do a film revolving around the High Evolutionary as the bad guy or whatever.
In the books, the High Evolutionary was originally a scientist who worked alongside Spider-Woman's father, so they could even go with an origin along the same lines as the Ang Lee Hulk.
edit: They could make him their father, and just give them that kind of origin, I doubt Marvel will get to do Spider-Woman anyway, due to the similarity to Spider-man. I'm not sure how that would work out legally, i can't imagine sony being very happy if Marvel brought out a Spider-Woman solo film.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 04-22-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote