View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #55
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Default Re: In Place of Hugh Jackman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
What it sounds like, is you have cherrypicked some exceptional incidents from the wide variety of Wolverine comics, as opposed to looking at the usual kind of characterisation that the character follows, when he is in usual situations, like the stories followed in the OT of X-Men films.
Bum, do me a favor, don't debate me and then ignore your own posts. My "exceptional" and "cherrypicked" examples were in direct response to your BS post where you rudely stated, "I don't know what the hell comics you have been reading, but in the Claremont books, that defined the character, and his ingratiation into the X-Men over those first years, the only time a team member was put into danger by Logan's feral rage" . . . blah blah blah and, "but that scene with nightcrawler was the only time he ever launched out in a deadly way at a team member." I was pointing out your assertion that it only happened ONCE is incorrect.

I can also point to several interviews where Chris Claremont, the guy who defined the character as you yourself pointed out, talks about how the character translated to the films, although he respects and enjoys it, isn't his vision of character from the books.

CC: "Logan's strength as a character derives, to me, in large measure from his fundamental internal conflict: a man at odds with a primal inner beast, struggling to find a place for himself in the world. He's torn between two divergent worlds, the one wherein Sabretooth lives, that sees himself as predator and humans as prey -- and the one that's all around Logan, filled with "normal" people struggling to live "normal" lives. Fundamental dichotomy, and his ongoing attempts to resolve the conflict provide much of the primal conflict for the man and the story."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
He does not walk around the X-Men mansion like an insane bloodthirsty killer like that does he?
Now you're just trolling.

I never said he should roam around like a mindless beast for an entire film. I simply stated there are aspects of the character that could be flushed out better with a different creative team. The current incarnation doesn't convince me this guy is struggling to control a demon within him. If the neutered version works for you then that's great. As I keep saying, while I enjoyed the first 2 Xmen films, I felt they did not capture this (to me)crucial element of the character.