View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #15
jjgravitas
Side-Kick

Default Re: Re-watching Smallville Thread!

I'm currently re-watching Smallville as well ... currently at the episode "Red" (season 2 episode 4). The show deserves a lot of respect for having the guts to let the writers send the show in its own unique direction, which is something that hadn't been done since the first Donner film. The pulling in of dozens of other DC Comics characters was also a great idea. I was a bit disturbed by the rough treatment of Jimmy Olsen in Season Eight, and by his clumsy romance with Chloe, but as Joss Whedon would say, "It was a thing." I was hoping that Prof. Willowbrook and the Kawatche Indians would enter in somewhere toward the end of the series, since they were patiently awaiting the arrival of Neman, but Season Ten was full of enough story just the same. Happy viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
My wife and I have started re-watching Smallville from the first season. (We miss the show, and my wife misses watching Welling)

We just finished the episode "Fever" in season two and I forgot how fantastic some of the writing was in the first couple seasons. It had some formulaic problems but the characterization was all there and showed how they set up how the characters grew throughout the series.

Early Lex/Clark dynamic was fantastic. The episode "Ryan" still made me cry like nobodies business. I'll update with my thoughts as I run through the episodes.

Also some plots that they created and dropped that I wish they had continued with: Henry Smalls (I liked his character and he just up and disapeared, never to be heard from again) and Helen Bryce (Great character that I wish they had brought back after she disapeared)

jjgravitas is offline   Reply With Quote