View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #86
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i'd actually like to see what they can do with a FF reboot

just because the rights revert back to Marvel doesn't mean we'll see the movies anytime soon....Blade or Punisher anyone???

with the rights being spread across a few studios it means we get more superhero movies....if any of the other properties reverted they wouldn't start work on them until 2017 or beyond
I'm okay with waiting, as long as we know these characters will be integrated into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quite frankly, I don't care about non-MCU movies featuring Marvel characters anymore. I did when there was nothing else, but now that we have a Marvel-controlled movie universe, why look back?

I can't help but see Sony and Fox's Marvel films as "inauthentic" now that we have an official MCU. To me, they are independant interpretations of the characters, while those in the MCU are official canon.

Even if a Sony or Fox movie is great, I still don't have the interest for it that I would for an MCU film. For instance, X-Men: First Class was awesome! I loved it! But it still felt like a cool independent superhero film to me than an "X-MEN" film, as it would if it were done by Marvel Studios.

Anyone else feel this way?