View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #123
roach
I am the night

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I think everyone's biggest fear is that we wouldn't be getting as many movies based on Marvel characters if Marvel Studios got the rights back to all their characters.

This is completely untrue.

No one wants to over-saturate the market right now. For the past several years, there's been 1 DC movie and about 3 Marvel movies produced annually. Generally, 1 or 2 of those Marvel movies is produced by a company other than Marvel Studios.

Does anyone honestly think MS is only producing 1 or 2 movies a year due to financial reasons anymore? They now have the backing of one the largest media corporations in the world. If they knew that Fox or Sony wouldn't be producing a Spider-Man or X-Men movie every year, MS would happily be pumping out 3 films a year.

I think that's what people who support these properties at other studios need to understand. Marvel getting these rights back does not mean they tuck them away for a decade, whereas Fox or Sony would have been giving you Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies for years. Marvel would fill in the void left by the other studios.
movies have to be budgeted for and planned for. Just getting the rights backs doesn't mean we'll see movies immediately. Right now MS schedule is planned out to 2018...with sequels and new up comings. Any of those films wouldn't see the light of day til 2020...maybe.
I'll deal with a Fox DD or FF or Sony Spider-man...because nothing about the characters to me says they need to pop up in an Avengers movie. Do we really need a Reed cameo when we can have Pym or Banner be the resident egg head????

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote