View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #31
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: Official Easter Egg/Reference Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stan Lee makes a brief cameo appearance at the end. He's in man on the street news footage playing chess going like, "Superheroes in New York, yeah load of bull."

How about this:

Thanos is seen at the end.

The Tesseract/Cosmic Cube.

Coulson's trading cards feature some comic classic comic images of Captain America.

Coulson gives Tony video files on all the Avengers team members. There's footage of Hulk rampaging from The Incredible Hulk movie, things like that.

Black Widow used to be a killer and an assassin before she worked for SHIELD.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there were some more but it was hard to spot everything the first time through. I'm sure I will notice more later. I didn't notice the ET's the first time I saw Phantom Menace or R2D2 in Star Trek.
Bold in the spoiler quote.

She also said she used to be Russian, if I recall correctly. To which Loki replies "what are you now?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingboy View Post
Here's one I know just from watching the trailers: Tony wears a Black Sabbath t-shirt. Black Sabbath sang "Iron Man".

Wait, they CUT STAN LEE'S CAMEO? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!
When Stark hijacks Widow's comm system in her jet it's playing an AC/DC song I believe. They were featured in both previous Iron Man films soundtracks (more so in the second I think).

Also I'm wondering with the Janitor guy who talked to Banner ("then you've got a condition, son"). Is that an easter egg or just that it's a familiar face in that role?

Also lastly.
When Cap finds the Hydra tesseract weapons there are also Hydra uniforms like those worn in WW2 by the soldiers that Cap fought. Also it could be stretching it, but since they kept referencing TFA as an Indiana Jones type of adventure, the gear is kept in old wooden crates in a secret government facility (the helicarrier), seems a little reminiscent of Raiders of the Lost Ark's ending. Though that could be coincidence.

Edit: Oh my bad, I didn't see 04nbod post the Widow easter egg.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 04-29-2012 at 03:28 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote