Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Welcome first off,

I haven't seen the film yet but I know about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thanos

It may seem since it's after this film that he would be the big bad for TA2
However, it hardly confirms he'll be directly involved. There is an overall arc that is going to be played out between avengers and the other films.

It's just as likely we see post credit scenes for IM3, CA2,Thor2 and what not that give us possible glimpses into the next avengers movie, much like the first wave of PC Scenes did. That isn't to say that seeds will further be planted in TA2 that allude to the aforementioned
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thanos
during the next avengers movie.

On top of that, though it's been stated before, Marvel seems entirely too smart blow their wad on their ultimate avengers villian in the first sequel.
Thanos is great, and one of my favorite villains; but it would be incorrect to assume that he's the be-all/end-all of Avenger villains. Among the utterly epic battles Avengers have fought, there's Kang, Korvac, Ultron, Dr. Doom, Kree-Skrull, Kree-Sh'iar, Onslaught...and if/when Marvel gets the FF universe back, you could pit Avengers against some of the most powerful forces in the cosmos....guys who makes Thanos look like a pussycat.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014