View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Cast the Marvel Universe - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
The biggest problem would be if they tried to cast someone who looked like RDJ. And if that person tried to just act like RDJ in the part. When whats his name, Bradly Cooper, auditioned for Green Lantern he thought he had to do the Bale Batman voice. I can imagine many actors auditioning for Tony Stark trying to be another RDJ in the part and really hamming it up too much.
I think, maybe, like the Bond films it should just be another actor with his own look and his own approach to the character. Of coarse they would give him dark hair and facial hair.
What do you guys think? Downey Jr. created such an interesting Tony Stark, should the actors try to keep that character going or do their own version of Stark?
Depends on how much longer RDJ wants to play him. In the solo movies it could go either way but I want to see an Avengers 2 and hopefully 3. If he leaves before that I wouldn't want it ruining the whole franchise. I think another actor could replace him.

I'm an independant film maker and in my opinion is it is the directors job to prevent the next actor from doing an RDJ impression by hiring the right actor and directing him in the role. I also think Nolan should have directed Bale not to use that stupid voice!

Last edited by The_Mighty_Thor; 05-01-2012 at 01:20 PM.
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote