View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #72
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Eh.... too much baggage. There are other supporting characters in the stables. Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Pym, etc. No need to bring in mutants or radically alter their background. Mutants don't fit the MCU... not yet.
The thing is, they don't need to be brought in specifically as "mutants" (I'm sure they'd still referencing their powers as a manifestation) or alter their background too much.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are a pivotal part of The Avengers world, and as we saw in the cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men, both characters can be pretty badass.

My problem with characters like Wonder Man or Ms Marvel (though I'd never argue against more chicks) is that they're so 'super powered' and 'otherworldly' we already have characters like Thor and Hulk who are mega-ridiculously-powered.

My problem with Ant Man and Wasp is that I just don't think tiny people would translate well to a non-animated film. Personally I'd rather just not see them.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are both incredibly unique when looking at the rest of the Avengers, and their powers could be visually appealing. Plus, putting Scarlet Witch in could set up for an Avengers 3 or 4 where she goes bat**** crazy and who wouldn't want to see that?

If we were to have Wonder Man and Ms Marvel in an Avengers film, I'd rather have them as Simon Williams and Carol Danvers who help or assist the Avengers/SHIELD in the 2nd film and during the course of the film something happens to them, setting them up for superheroes in Avengers 3. For Ant Man and Wasp, I'd rather just not go there. Ever. lol.