View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Agreed on all points. Just because You-Know-Who made a cameo appearance, that doesn't mean that he's going to be the villain in Avengers 2. Think of him like Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. He's mentioned, but he doesn't actually become a physical threat until the last film of the trilogy. Likewise, Thanos is the sort of villain that you build up to and end a trilogy on. There's no way he's going to be the halfway point villain and cap it off with Ultron. Not only would that completely deflate Thanos, but it doesn't make narrative sense. You build tension. You don't deflate it in your third act. And going from Thanos, a harbinger of universal armageddon, to Ultron, who'd probably be the MCU version of Skynet, would be a massive deflation of whatever tension they build up over the series.

Not to mention the announcement of the cosmic films they're planning, like Guardians of the Galaxy. They're not going to do away with Thanos so quickly when they have a movie coming out which has no less than FOUR characters who're personally tied to him in one way or another (Moondragon's family was killed by Thanos, Drax was created to destroy Thanos, Gamora was raised by Thanos, and Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life and opposite number to Thanos, the Avatar of Death). Bringing Thanos into Avengers 2 and defeating him would be a complete waste when there's a cosmic movie coming which can potentially make use of him as well.
Clearly, people are put far too much stock in Thanos being in the after credits scene for The Avengers. Why in the heck would Marvel use Thanos as the villain for Avengers 2 when he's the ultimate bad guy?

"Oh let's use Thanos in Avengers 2 then bring out the big guns in Avengers 3....uhhh who's bigger than Thanos?" <------ Makes no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy
My problem with characters like Wonder Man or Ms Marvel (though I'd never argue against more chicks) is that they're so 'super powered' and 'otherworldly' we already have characters like Thor and Hulk who are mega-ridiculously-powered.
Definately

I'm pretty satisfied with Thor and Hulk being the high powered guys but if they do add WM or MM I'd rather it be Ms. Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree on the rest of it. I'm tired of hearing all this Ant-Man hate & denial...Pym *is* on the way, like it or not. And with him comes Ultron. You can't have one without the other, no matter how badly you want to retcon the Marvel Universe.
Agreed

Hank Pym is TOO important to the Marvel universe to not be included, hell he was in even mentioned in THOR.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-05-2012 at 03:23 AM.