View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #95
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Doing Planet Hulk doesn't mean they have to ape the story beat-for-beat. They could easily have it so that Hulk is shot into space by an enemy, like the Leader, instead of the heroes. Or he could end up accidentally stranded in space while doing something heroic similar to how a certain somebody in a certain movie very nearly got stuck somewhere VERY far away from Earth.

Point is, how he gets to Sakaar ISN'T what matters, and is only important if you want to do World War Hulk (Which they should never do. World War Hulk sucked). The important thing is Sakaar and what the Hulk does when he gets there.
I agree - in fact, now that we have a more self-aware and caring hulk, it gives Hulk more depth to fight as a gladiater, FALL IN LOVE, and then care for his subjects as planet ruler, and have his big heart crushed when his wife is killed. I think the audience watching the Avengers with me, really liked this new Hulk.

This can be done without effecting the fidelity or timeline of the MCU, either. I saw an episode (look out, trekkie coming thru) of Star Trek TNG, where CAP Picard was transpoted to a low-teck world, fell in love, lived as a farmer for 20 years, and when he was returned back to the ST TNG timeline, and was only in a "coma" for a few moments, so this Planet Hulk idea could be done without effecting any future Avengers plots.

Banished, misshaped, or slolen - Get Hulk TO PLANET HULK

MucasMan is offline   Reply With Quote