View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
Hotwire
Pro-Customizer

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
No, I don't want to be spoon fed, I wanted to experience the Man out of Time element of his character. By the time the movie starts, he's already done some adapting to the new time period. And I know that the mission helped get him focus. But I wanted to see what he went through before that.

When he went into suspended animation, it was the early 1940s. When he woke up, it was 2011-12. He remembered New York City one way. When he woke up, he experienced the modern day New York Times Square. How did he adapt to the new culture? What does he think of it? How does he feel about how cynical the world's become? How does he feel about all of his old colleagues dying? Or the wars that's been fought in his absence? He and Fury did seem to touch on the latter briefly, but that's it.

It wasn't spoon feeding when we got to see Thor's "fish out of water" experience in his movie, so I don't see how wanting to see Cap having his "out of time" experience as spoon feeding.

That's all I'm saying. It's whatever. What they showed and mentioned worked for the movie I guess.

I understand why Whedon needed to cut it from the film. I hope it makes it way to the blu-ray and its features. As said before, I'm really looking forward to Cap 2.
Your post kind of addresses your own concerns. Thor experience was in his own film. They didn't bring that into The Avengers. I'm pretty certain that Cap's "man out of time" theme will be explored more in his sequel. He just had the unfortunate luck of being the last solo film before the team-up.

By the way, who is that dancing in your avy? Layla? And do you have a link to the video?

Last edited by Hotwire; 05-06-2012 at 04:50 PM.