View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #43
ktulutu
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Because he didn't have total control of him like he did with Hawkeye....he has a more subliminal/subtle control that made Bruce not have the control over the HULK that he had gained in the last year.
That doesn't make sense. If Loki's control, as you put it was -a more subliminal/subtle control that made Bruce not have the control over the HULK that he had gained in the last year-then it would have been easier for him to have Banner turn into the Hulk in the room...but he didn't. Clearly Banner was agitated at that point yet still able to NOT turn into the Hulk-so with Loki's control, as you see it, it would have been more likely the Hulk would have appeared. Unless it was Loki who was holding him back as well.

The control in question, at least how I see the debate, was when Hulk was the Hulk. And IMO this was not the case and I go back to the smile AFTER the roar to base my argument. If he could make the Hulk transform he would know he had done so and not react to a roar as if he now knew the Hulk was loose. Likewise if he could control him as the Hulk, regardless of how he transformed, he would know he was already transformed and not react to this fact as he did.

To me I still think it was more of a -let the firecracker go off-scenario that he trusted would provide a means for his escape. I didn't see anything that said he had a level of control over the Hulk subliminal or otherwise. I think it was more likely he trusted Barton would create enough chaos for this to unfold.

Also as I said earlier he probably was using the soul gem to agitate everyone as well so that he trusted the atmosphere would be produced for a Hulk appearance.

Last edited by ktulutu; 05-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.