Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #83
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Two things...

What was Thor's mission?
I know he was there to stop Loki, but was he supposed to also bring him back to Asgard? Therefore, was it also part of his mission to retrieve the Tesseract?
Can't remember if that was mentioned initially.

At the end when Fury tells the council that he's not arguing with a god, was that just about letting Thor take Loki, the Tesseract or both? Because that wouldn't explain if his goal was to retrieve the tesseract, just that he IS taking it now.

-----------

I didn't really get the final scene of Thor and Loki transporting back to Asgard.
Was it the tesseract power?

In which case, we know that the gods (or maybe really clever people) can teleport themselves using it, but that a special machine (with iridium) is needed to open portals.

Have I got that right? I definitely didn't think it was Odin pulling them back.

I've only seen it once, and finances mean it'll unfortunately stay that way for a while...

PS: I'm a Thor fan, but I really did get the impression that, under the circumstances, Hulk was getting the upper hand before the jet came along. Sad, but that's how I saw it.
Thor's mission was to get Loki & retrieve the tesseract. They even mentioned it was the only way he could get back to Asgard.
Fury told the council he wasn't going to argue with a God regarding the tesseract. Thor was taking it back to Asgard as he also needed it to teleport back.