View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
The public's perception of Cap is generally really bad, but this movie's done a lot to steer them in the right direction. They see the name and costume and are immediately turned off. Marvel Studios deserves some serious credit, if it were any other studio they would have butchered the character to make him more accessible instead of just educating audiences to see the awesomeness that is Mr. Rogers.

It's unfortunate though, because I still see a lot of people not taking a liking to him. I don't know if more man out of time or action sequences with him could have helped.
It really is a shame, because Cap's a great character. He's been my favorite Avenger for years, before the MCU had even gotten started. I think the biggest issue with his public perception is his name. If Cap had been called, say, "The Sentinel" or something like that instead of "Captain America," and if he didn't have that big 'A' on his helmet, I don't think he would have engendered the poor reputation he used to have.