View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #73
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I didn't cherry pick anything, those agents also physically attacked Loki when he engaged them in close combat. Definitions are facts my friend and nothing else, want me to post the definition for physicall combat?

Combat - A purposeful violent conflict meant to establish dominance over the opposition, or to kill the opposition, or drive the opposition away from a location where it is not wanted or needed.
The term combat (French for fight) typically refers to armed conflict between military forces in warfare, whereas the more general term "fighting" can refer to any violent conflict between individuals or nations. Combat violence can be unilateral, whereas fighting implies at least a defensive reaction
. <--- Point proven
You're still going to a lot of effort to establish why a clearly marked (and popular) "fight scene" is not actually a fight. But to play it your way...

"A purposeful violent conflict" - There was a conflict between Hulk and Loki, and violence was involved.

"meant to establish dominance over the possition...." - Hulk established dominance over Loki.

"The term combat (French for fight) typically refers to armed conflict between military forces in warfare..." - Damn, now we need to create a THIRD poll, one for the fights, one for the assaults, and one for combat that we can include Loki VS SHIELD in....

"the more general term 'fighting' can refer to any violent conflict between individuals" - such as the Hulk/Loki confrontation, which we've already established had conflict, and was violent.

"fighting implies at least a defensive reaction" - you could call Loki's "STOP!" a defensive reaction, if we're being nitpicky about dictionary definitions here.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote