View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #72
Leenie
Make Up!

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Except that's not true. She complains about her powers in X-Men, just like she does in the books, and doesn't once complain about them in X2. In fact, she says "Wow!" when she absorbs Iceman's abilities after kissing him, and she's the one eager to know when they get X-Men uniforms just before Iceman has to hold her back from confronting freaking Magneto on the X-Jet. I don't know anyone who, after X2, thought the next step for Rogue would be what happens to her in The Last Stand, and I'm not just talking about the cure. "You're a guy, Bobby. Your mind's only on one thing." Really???
Even when she confronted Magneto on the X-Jet, it still came across as whiny and mouse-y to me. I dunno, maybe it was the way Anna Paquin acted. That scene always came across as awkward to me because I wasn't convinced she was going to do anything.

As for the kiss with Bobbie in X2 and the "You mind is only on one thing" line in X3: Well, it seemed to me that Rogue's powers in X2 were primarily focused on how they affected their relationship, so ... In the context of the movies, it made sense. At least to me it did.

I remember when X3 came out to theaters, my I got my friend to watch all three. She wasn't familiar with the comic books at all back then, so her impression of Rogue in the movies was "She was so miserable, I don't blame her for getting The Cure." If that's the impression movie Rogue made to newbies, then I'm not happy.

Anyway, my point is this: I'm not trying to sing the praises of X3, because I don't think it's a very good movie. What I am trying to say is that I'm not outraged by it because the first two movies left me dissatisfied on how they handled most of the characters, so I place blame on all three. That's all.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote