View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #75
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
And therein lies my point. The same weaknesses fans point to in X3 are all over X-MEN and X2. X3 actually handled some things better.

I've never really gotten this "Bryan Singer was going to do it right" thing. Okay. Based on
what?

-X-fans complained (and still do) about his movies in much the same way they've complained about Ratner's.

-He didn't exactly knock SUPERMAN RETURNS out of the park for most people.

-We know Tom Rothman doesn't like Cyclops, and wanted Wolverine center stage.

-We've heard about Cyclops role in X3 being bigger, but we SAW how Cyclops was handled in X2.

-We've heard the basic idea they had for The Phoenix, and that's all well and good, but let's not forget...we actually SAW how Phoenix was handled in X2. It wasn't that great. But somehow we're to believe he would have done this amazing job with Dark Phoenix, despite Phoenix basically being glossed over? I really like X-MEN and X2, and I like Bryan Singer a decent amount, but I have a hard time believing that.

In particular, Rogue hasn't been the Rogue of the comics for three films. Bryan and company may have planned to give her more powers and whatnot, but so did the X-MEN: THE LAST STAND creative team. This, along with another Colossus battle, along with several other things, didn't make it into the film for budget reasons. An issue that Bryan Singer, who couldn't get Beast or Angel into X-MEN or X2, would still have had to deal with.

So yeah. Might it have been better? Sure. We'll never actually know. At some point, fans need to start being realistic about what kind of adaption this franchise was, and what it was realistically going to be, and look at what's actually there in something resembling a fair way.
That's solid logic if you think TLS was anywhere near as good as Singer's. If you're one of the many who don't, then it's obvious why you'd think otherwise.

TLS got Beast right. I wish Grammar was in a better film.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote