Originally Posted by herolee10
Do you guys think it was intentional for the film to have not shown Thor being in such peril like most of his teammates were during the final battle?
I mean, you had:
1. Tony nearly getting killed from sending that nuke into space.
2. Steve getting blown out of buildings and getting shot by the Chitari around the ribs.
3. BW was showing obvious fatigue during her final battles with the alien soldiers on the ground.
4. Hawkeye got the wind knocked out of him when he flew right through that window.
5. The Hulk got ambushed with several rays of lasers that were strong enough to subdue him for a while.
Yet, Thor, aside from getting stabbed from Loki, which even with that, didn't seem to really phase him in the long run, didn't really encounter any of these issues. He showed no real signs of fatigue from the final battle, no wounds on his actual body made from the Soldiers either.
From a Wired article I read i got the impression that we were supposed to see that as a kind of "last stand" kind of moment for Thor and Cap and that they were in danger of being overwhelmed/exhausted (obviously more so Cap). If so, it didnt really come across that well, mostly because the Chitauri footsoldiers never seeemed like a particularly massive threat.