View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #84
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers casting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Pym is an essential part of the Avengers' history in the comics but this is not the comics. There are decades' worth of material and there will be a small handful of films

They have to pick and choose the characters that work best, the storylines that work best, the villains that work best

I keep seeing people suggest that Hawkeye and Black Widow be dropped for Pym and Wasp. I don't understand it. They've introduced the team, they've shown them bond, now Whedon will get to play with that dynamic. Dropping half of the team will mess with the camaraderie this film established, which was perhaps the biggest key to it working

Yes, the roster rotates in the comics. Once the arcs have finished, and a new era starts up

This arc has just begun
^Boom. I don't know why I don't just follow Chewy around and say "^This." to everything... probably cuz his internet's faster, I'd never catch up.

What'd be really crazy? Fillion as Scott Lang. It fits with both Whedon's comments and Wright's and lets face it, Fillion fits better as cheeky Lang than as neurotic scientist Pym, doesn't he?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote