View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers casting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
This.

Taking out BW and Hawkeye is insane. They were great in TA and it would be terrible to rid them in favor of a tiny woman and a guy who controls ants. Ant Man is cool but i prefer he stays solo for the time being. You could maybe work him in but no Wasp. Wasp would be the most silly and pointless character in these movies.

I agree that Avengers doesn't need to turn into a revolving door (yet)....TA2 should keep the original cast, *plus* add 2-3 new members, and it'd work just fine.

But the notion of making an Ant-Man movie and *not* putting him into the Avengers makes absolutely no sense at all. Nor does adding Ant-Man and *not* bringing Wasp along.....it's a package deal, you can't have one without the other.

And I don't think *anybody* needs to be talking about what's "silly" or what "won't work" on the big screen, when Marvel Studios has proven the naysayers wrong at every turn. If Marvel wants to do Ant-Man, wants to do GotG, or Dr. Strange, or anything else, they'll FIND a way to make it work.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote