View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #86
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers casting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree that Avengers doesn't need to turn into a revolving door (yet)....TA2 should keep the original cast, *plus* add 2-3 new members, and it'd work just fine.

But the notion of making an Ant-Man movie and *not* putting him into the Avengers makes absolutely no sense at all. Nor does adding Ant-Man and *not* bringing Wasp along.....it's a package deal, you can't have one without the other.

And I don't think *anybody* needs to be talking about what's "silly" or what "won't work" on the big screen, when Marvel Studios has proven the naysayers wrong at every turn. If Marvel wants to do Ant-Man, wants to do GotG, or Dr. Strange, or anything else, they'll FIND a way to make it work.
So you can say what 'will work' but no one can say what 'won't work.' Yeah... not for real. TA was jam packed, you can't just add 3 people in there and everything be "just fine." Where would their screentime come from?

Some of this Ant-Man "logic" is actually a bit silly. Wasp and Ant-Man aren't attached at the hip. They aren't any more a package deal than IM and War Machine. And making an Ant-Man movie and not putting him into Avengers makes perfect sense in this context, where Ant-Man isn't available and isn't needed. But something compels Ant-Man fans to state he is an absolute necessity, and that his concept is inherently captivating to all, despite clear evidence to the contrary. It's a strange sort of entitlement that seems proclaims itself as logic. Certainly you aren't the only one doing this, but since you brought it up as something no one has place to question, I just wanted to point out how very questionable it is.

And Marvel does want to do Ant-Man... as a standalone thing. As you said, they'll find a way to make it work, despite the naysayers, as well meaning as they may be.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote