View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #157
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
My favorite fight scene wasn't physical, it was verbal. The six-way throwdown in Banner's lab was epic. Everyone there took off the gloves and started beating the **** out of each other emotionally. Some of the shots they took at each other had to hurt just as much as the blows they traded on the battlefield, if not more.

Steve & Tony did the most damage to one another, shredding dignity and self-esteem with barbed words and carefully-aimed put-downs. The billionaire with daddy issues and a hated of authority went up against the ultimate symbol of authority who also happened to be his dad's idol. Those two were bound to come to blows, whether Loki influenced them or not. And each of them knew just what to say to hurt the other deeply.

Nick Fury also got in some good jabs against everyone but Steve and Natasha. Thor slammed every human in the room, and of course Banner zinged them all ("We're not a team...we're a time bomb!") The dialog was strong and every character landed a few solid blows on the others. While the damage was all emotional, one could see that all of them were getting battered. To me that's the best kind of fight because all of the action is psychological and based on character.
Good point, sorry for limiting this poll to physical fights Xeno.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote