View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #113
slim_summers
Mutant Revolutionary

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I don't think it'll be a good idea to have more than one character added to the Avengers, two at the most if they arrive in a pair like the Pyms.

It's not like with the X-men where you just have to show their personality quirks and powers. With the Avengers you also have to show how they got their powers and how they relate to the story. If you have Vision, Ms Marvel and Black Panther for example that's pretty complicated to explain without having everyone else fade into the background.
I agree. Vision, BP and Ms Marvel are all great characters but I wouldn't want any of them for the sake of it. BP frankly needs his own movie first like Hulk, IM etc, so that you don't end up wasting Avenger-movie-time on 'origins' stuff (which takes time and skill to get right anyway).

The Pyms are a different matter for me. Regardless of the Ant-Man movie or how it fits in with Avengers, Hank's a pretty easy character to incorporate into Avengers 2 - he's a super-scientist like some of the others, SHIELD can head hunt him or whatever. He's also the only Avenger (as much as I love Wasp, Witch, Vision and co) that I personally NEED to see in an Avengers movie.

Only problem for me is diversity - he's yet another white male on the team. I'd like him to replace Hulk, who was awesome in first movie but doesn't actually need to be there any more (based on comics). In Avengers movie Banner was there for his brain, so if he left Hank would be a logical replacement. Include Jan and there's at least another chick on the team.

slim_summers is offline   Reply With Quote