View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #114
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I see Thanos returning a lot sooner than some of you are expecting.

Like, next year.
Thanos will definitely make an appearance and have an effect, but... I don't think Thor 2 will revolve around him and his actions. I think Thor will revolve around Thor's personal development. He's already had the 'lost my father' storyline, for instance. Thanos will probably still be in the shadows, at a distance, somewhat mysterious to non-comics fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I don't think it'll be a good idea to have more than one character added to the Avengers, two at the most if they arrive in a pair like the Pyms.

It's not like with the X-men where you just have to show their personality quirks and powers. With the Avengers you also have to show how they got their powers and how they relate to the story. If you have Vision, Ms Marvel and Black Panther for example that's pretty complicated to explain without having everyone else fade into the background.
If they've had their own solo movies, or appeared in someone else's, then you don't have to explain *how* they got their powers, just what their powers are and their personality, and all that has to fit with the movie's storyline. That's why you can't do an origin with Avengers, cuz there's no time to spend on a separate storyline that doesn't tie into the main storyline. There's barely enough time to give six people great character moments and action moments and serve the story. There's simply not enough time to do the same for seven or eight people. At least, not unless we treat them like Hawkeye, in that they aren't really integrated into the team's social storyline, don't have their own character arc, and they don't really have much in terms of abilities, to show off, so we can show it all in just a few minutes. I don't think that works for Black Panther, Ms. Marvel or Vision.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote