View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #117
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't see Thanos being the main villain in Thor 2...I just see him as a first-act plot catalyst. I think he *does* infiltrate the Treasury Room as I described above, and Thor begins an epic chase across the Nine Realms after him....but really, Thor doesn't even get close to seeing him again for this film. Maybe a glimpse of him again at the very ending, but otherwise, I see the bulk of the film being about the side-quests and cosmic encounters Thor has while he tracks his vanished quarry. Encounters that may or may not include Enchantress and Skurge, Surtur, Fenris, Ymir, Malekith, Hela, Karnilla and the like.
That makes Thanos the main villain. You even say all the other villains are side quests. That means they're not the main villain. If he does infiltrate the Treasury room, that will be the side quest, a relatively minor plot point, like SHIELD in IM2, or in Thor, not the catalyst for the rest of the action in the movie. And doing so with a bad guy you're not going to get closure with... I don't see how that can be a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJaneWatson View Post
This.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That's boss.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote