View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #114
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers casting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again: he's an Avenger. Avenger.
Taking a character who is known virtually entirely as the member of a particular team and trying to spinoff a solo title when he hasn't even been shown on that team in the first place....*that's* what doesn't make sense.
I cut out most of my reply cuz it's off topic. We're having this same debate on different levels in different threads.

Long story short. It makes money. It entertains. Just because it's not classic Avengers doesn't mean it doesn't make sense, bro. The audience doesn't associate Ant-Man with Avengers, so they will still think he's just was silly in a team setting, and that the whole movie is better off without him. You'd be doing a horrible disservice to the character. You're thinking comics continuity is supreme, and it's just not. You're dedicated to it, you see it, and talk about it as reality, like anyone who disagrees must be ignorant, not disagreeing about it's importance and relevance, but I just don't "get it" because I don't agree with you. There must be something wrong with my comprehension. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I reckon Elijah Kelley (Red Tails, Hairspray) would make an awesome Black Panther. He's young and a great actor but has alot of presense and can easily carry a movie.

I like him. He is a little short, but I don't think that has to be a huge problem, depending on how the rest of the casting goes.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 05-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote