View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #125
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
See, this is the thing I object to: the ending of TIH all but outright said Ross was *not* hunting Banner anymore. To do anything otherwise would basically undo any remaining good from the movie.

The Hulk has the general public cheering for him for saving the day against alien invaders, and he has rich and powerful friends, *and* Ross had a very painful and unambiguous lesson in how he was a worse problem than Banner, *and* he's got a monster to experiment upon in custody anyway. Its time for him to let it go. Either he should have an ambiguous repentant role in TIH2, or no role at all.
I know I've said this before, but just because the Hulk may be perceived as a hero now does not mean that the public, the government or even The Avengers don't remain wary of Banner's control of the beast. It would only take one rage change to make Banner and the Hulk public enemy #1.

The Hulks level of power inspires awe and fear. Even when employing that power for the greater good, one can't help but think, "What if he lost control again?"

The government will still want the Hulk's power for themselves or at least a contingency plan for neutralizing him. Hell, it's the government, they probably have contingencies for neutralizing all the Avengers! Ross is obsessed with capturing the Hulk and humiliating Banner. Is it really so hard to envision him taking up the chase again or maybe even provoking an uncontrolled change in Banner?