View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #69
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Default Re: Michael Caine as Alfred Thread

^ I was one of the very first people to ask the question of Alfred possibly quitting when the trailer was first released. A lot of people hadn't thought about that maybe being the scenario, but the scene where he quits in Knightfall was the first thing that came to my mind. I think the dialogue he says to Bruce in the 2nd trailer is the same scene as the dialogue from the third. I can see this Alfred getting so upset and devastated at seeing that Bruce is beyond help now because he refuses to let himself heal. And also blaming himself for not stopping Bruce when he started his crusade or not convincing him to stop after Rachel died.

I can see the scene being along the lines of this:

"You are as precious to me as you were to your own mother and father. I made a promise to them that I would protect you, and I haven't. I've stood by while you have ruined yourself and your life. Non-stop self inflicted torture. And then this happened. I have tried to help you heal, but with your refusal to let yourself I can't help you anymore. Nor can I stand by and watch you die. I won't bury you. I've buried enough members of the Wayne family. It breaks my heart to say this to you, but I hereby tender my resignation. Goodbye, Master Bruce. I love you."

I'm going to baw my eyes out like a little baby during this scene.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote