View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #381
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I like the backbone he displayed, when he was displaying backbone.

Backbone, in terms of being a leader, is standing up for whats morally right and whats best for the team and the mission. Telling someone off just because you can...especially when that person's actions aren't actually affecting anything...isn't an appropriate move for a leader.

Leaders shouldn't pick fights. Or allow them to continue. They should most certainly try to diffuse the situation without violence.

The main problem I have with it is that this is Rogers' first impulse. To resolve the issue with violence. He never even tries to really talk to Stark, to find any common ground. The scene works because of the actors, but it just feels like a somewhat forced way to create drama between them.

If that moment was caused by Loki's spear...I could see that, but if that's the case, it wasn't well handled or shown.

Stark essentially helped Captain America defeat Loki. He may have saved Rogers' life. Whatever his methods, whatever teasing her may have done, Stark got results. Stark went after Thor, but this didn't really affect their mission. Thor taking Loki did. Stark just didn't listen to Cap about going after Thor.

By the time Captain America admonishes him, Stark was helping. He was obviously assisting Banner in finding the cube. He was also working on finding what Fury was hiding from everyone else.

And it's a moot point, because Captain America thinking Stark was a jerk doesn't mean its okay for him to be a jerk, too.

Rogers defending Banner and telling Stark to knock it off would have been fine. But Rogers then takes it farther.

I don't have a whole lot of respect for Captain America when he can't ignore a few jokes.

Except that, as has been pointed out, Banner didn't need him to fight for him. Banner was fine. Rogers response essentially made he himself look like a bully by the end of it.

Captain America's comments about Stark pretending to be a hero ring false (because given his past actions, Stark clearly isn't just pretending) as do Stark's about Captain America. They're both out of line there, but Rogers was out of line first.
Stark also put his hand on Cap's shoulder (which was definitely meant to offend him) as well as say they basically should let Banner Hulk out before Steve goes on about what Stark is without the suit. He looks no better than Cap does at this point in time, and as others have noted, the staff was effecting everyone. Stark wasn't very friendly with Cap from the start, and was cracking jokes about Cap before he displayed any kind of displeasure towards him (the "Capsicle" comment comes before Cap says anything out of line to Stark...before that, he just welcomed him when he came and Loki allowed them to capture him, and said he felt Loki threw the fight...then Stark started being a jerk).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote