Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #99
Boom
I got nothin'

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Additions to The Avengers:
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther

With these additions (particularly the first two), I could do without Hawkeye and Black Widow. I'm all for given them mentions (handling SHIELD assignments overseas), but Marvel can't just keep adding characters without subtracting a few, and these two are the ones I'd be least likely to miss. And if Marvel gives us another solo Hulk film in the near future, I could do without him in TA2 as well. But after what Whedon and Ruffalo did with the character, I loathe the idea of having to wait until The Avengers 3 (2018 at the earliest) to see him on screen again.

Villain:
Ultron

I was under the assumption that the Thanos easter egg was just that: an easter egg meant to get fans excited about future possibilities. I don't think it was meant to be any sort of confirmation that he'd be the villain in the sequel. It established Thanos in this universe. That's about as far as you should read into it for now.

Last edited by Boom; 05-18-2012 at 02:51 AM.