View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #41
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I hope she is familiar enough with general audiences to bring in seats, though I think Hathaway, Stone, and Johannson are actually more household names to the GA.

My point is really that even if she misses the mark with Lois Lane, I seriously doubt it could hurt the film if we have a strong hero (Cavill) and strong villian (Shannon).
While I agree that it won't neccesarily hurt the film if she's not an incredible Lois Lane, it'll definitely hurt me.

Getting Lois right is just as important as getting Superman right to me. The character has been an incredible influence on my life as a girl struggling with confidence as I grew up, and she's just such a great female role model. It'd be a shame if the next generation of kids/teens don't get to share in that because she ends up playing the character like Bosworth did - flat and boring.

But I doubt that. Amy's a very vibrant person, and everything I've heard from her and Synder on Lois shows they understand the basics of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Until I see otherwise, I still believe that Lois will have a much less substancial role in this film and the love story will take a major backseat.
Love story, yes definitely. I mean, SR was literally a love story that happened to have a superhero in it. This time around it'll be a superhero story that has a love interest in it, which is the way it should be.

But Lois isn't just a love interest like a lot of other female characters in Superhero films.

She's a central figure in Metropolis, and she drives a lot of the investigative plots. She can share scenes with almost every single character in the film and it would make perfect sense; she's not limited to just helping/talking to Superman and advancing his plots, she's usually got a B plot of her own.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 05-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.