View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #42
Rockstar
Banned User

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
While I agree that it won't neccesarily hurt the film if she's not an incredible Lois Lane, it'll definitely hurt me.

Getting Lois right is just as important as getting Superman right to me. The character has been an incredible influence on my life as a girl struggling with confidence as I grew up, and she's just such a great female role model. It'd be a shame if the next generation of kids/teens don't get to share in that because she ends up playing the character like Bosworth did - flat and boring.

But I doubt that. Amy's a very vibrant person, and everything I've heard from her and Synder on Lois shows they understand the basics of the character.

Love story, yes definitely. I mean, SR was literally a love story that happened to have a superhero in it. This time around it'll be a superhero story that has a love interest in it, which is the way it should be.

But Lois isn't just a love interest like a lot of other female characters in Superhero films.

She's a central figure in Metropolis, and she drives a lot of the investigative plots. She can share scenes with almost every single character in the film and it would make perfect sense; she's not limited to just helping/talking to Superman and advancing his plots, she's usually got a B plot of her own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
You don't get Amy Adams to have a backseat role especially in the role of Lois Lane.
To be fair, the vast majority of supporting roles in this are Oscar nominees or winners, but it doesn't necessarily mean their roles will be central.

I still think it will be structured like how Goyer did Batman Begins. With Clark in the central role and the others just basically supporting his development and his story.

I think Lois will be the 'Rachel' of this film basically and get the same level of focus.

Hopefulsuicide, I don't mean to sound misogynistic, but I'd be shocked if Nolan and Goyer penned this thing to intentionally appeal to women... at all.

If anything, this is the first live action Superman project, in decades, where that focus is likely removed. 'Lois and Clark' was a Rom Com, Smallville was a CW soap, SR was a 'chickflick' according to Bryan Singer (I dont think the studio was happy with that at all based on their later comments).

IMO, this film will basically inject the formula, approach and tone used with "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" into Superman. That isn't a critique of the film though. This is the best approach Superman could ever hope to get and one the character desperately needs.