View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #103
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The X-trilogy began with a bang and a massive battle in NYC. The sequel went smaller in scale, and involved just a small-scale assault on an "abandoned" military base/lab, and yet the stakes became *much* higher....and most folks consider X2 to be the best in the trilogy. Then the "build up" led to the highest stakes of all, and a massive no-holds barred clash of Mutant and Brotherhood....and everyone *hated* it. POTC and TF continually follow the formula you've laid out, and it's worked great for box office, but *lousy* for story.

Bigger is not better. There comes a point where audiences just get numbed to that kind of overkill. Whedon has already hinted that TA2 will be smaller and more personal; and yet I can guarantee you that he'll still be increasing the tension and building the drama *without* having to make a sequel that's "bigger" than Avengers 1.
Okay. I am cranky. So I am sorry. We know thanos' goal is to destroy. I think all everyone's point is, atleast mine, regarding the whole, ruling universe thing, is that, its letting us know he is going to be a universal threat. thats it.

Maybe I am only speaking for myself. But when I bring up the ruling the universe thing (only to be chewed out by you :P ), my point was that he said the universe will be his (obviously thanos just destroys) but my point is that it is letting us know that he will operate on a universal level, which will OBVIOUSLY be to destroy. thats that. I think the whole ruling thing is irrelevant. When I bring it up, i just think it lets us know that he WILL be a universal threat, and will not be dumbed down in power, and threat.

Which is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jaqua99; 05-23-2012 at 03:22 AM.