View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #45
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hopefulsuicide, I don't mean to sound misogynistic, but I'd be shocked if Nolan and Goyer penned this thing to intentionally appeal to women... at all.

If anything, this is the first live action Superman project, in decades, where that focus is likely removed. 'Lois and Clark' was a Rom Com, Smallville was a CW soap, SR was a 'chickflick' according to Bryan Singer (I dont think the studio was happy with that at all based on their later comments).
I wasn't suggesting making a film that appealed mostly to women (though I think they covered that by casting HC ), I was just saying that Lois' character is a huge icon.

Rachel was an absolutely fine character for the purpose of BB and TDK. She was a feisty, principaled woman, and she very much had a plot of her own in TDK that didn't involve Bruce - her relationship with Harvey. The only problem with Rachel is that she lacked a real personality/substance. But with Lois, they already have a personality to work with and incorporate.

We already know Lois has a scene with Dr Hamilton. She will also most probably have scenes with Perry, and if she's investigating what the Military are doing attacking Superman, she may well have scenes with Hardy or Swanwick.

I mean, of course she's there as a supporting character to Superman. That's obvious.

But unlike other female leads, she has a very key role in Metropolis. She's not just some girl who knows him and helps him. She's investigative reporter for the Daily Planet, one of the most prestigious newspapers in the world. That puts her directly into any number of plots.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*