View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #42
Radioactive1980
Banned User

Default Re: Why Mark Ruffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
^winey & self-pitying? How would you behave if you couldn't have any contact with your family & friends because Homeland Security would throw you in a cell for the rest of your life? How would you act if you couldn't even live on American soil to avoid capture & had to roam in third-world countries like some bum? Why would you even wanna get outta bed in the morning if your entire day revolves around hiding & keeping a low profile whilst being completely isolated from any real human interaction? Yeah, winey & self-pitying sounds about right.
True, but this does not change the fact that as a result Norton's performance was somewhat one dimensional and it also lacked in portraying Banner's scientific side.

Quote:
People forget that Ruffalo's Banner was TIH Banner before finding the quiet acceptance he displayed in The Avengers.
I am not one of these people you speak of.
Ruffalo's portrayal was a lot more balanced, three dimensional and interesting and showed character development.

Quote:
Its revolting to me that the complaints about Norton are really complaints about the state of mind his character was in, a state of mind prior to the character in Whedon's film.
Revolting LOL.
No my complaint is with the writing.
Don't get me wrong I love TIH and I love how it was more dark in tone than any other MS film thus far, but I just think Banner could have been written a bit more interestingly.

Radioactive1980 is offline   Reply With Quote