View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Can someone explain to me what it is that's so great about Brainiac?

Everyone seems to love him and wants him on the big screen, but why? What would be the amazing storyline with Brainiac as the main villain?

I mean, he's AI. He doesn't have a 'personality', or any quality I've ever particularly found enjoyable in stories.

Yes, he's a formidable opponent and could have an 'army'. But personally I just find him kind of boring

Maybe I just haven't read/seen the best stories. I dunno.
Well my reasons are multiple.

Firstly I think visually he has the potential to be amazing, and his probes can be used for some great action sequences.

I feel Superman's connection to him and Krypton will provide interesting story material as he can play with Kal El's emotions, teasing him with knowledge of a home world he barely remembers.

The fact he is emotionless and calculating with a singular motive to gather intelligence and destroy makes him an unusual threat.

Lastly there's the fact he's tech based, so much of our life these days revolves around technology, from the every day to the battlefield. I think both the social and national security themes as relates to Superman would be very interesting.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote