View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Well my reasons are multiple.

Firstly I think visually he has the potential to be amazing, and his probes can be used for some great action sequences.

I feel Superman's connection to him and Krypton will provide interesting story material as he can play with Kal El's emotions, teasing him with knowledge of a home world he barely remembers.

The fact he is emotionless and calculating with a singular motive to gather intelligence and destroy makes him an unusual threat.

Lastly there's the fact he's tech based, so much of our life these days revolves around technology, from the every day to the battlefield. I think both the social and national security themes as relates to Superman would be very interesting.
Point 1, I understand. I'm sure it would look visually fantastic.

Point 2... well isnt that what Zod is going to be doing in movie number 1... but you know, WITH a personality and emotions.

As for the other two points, that's really just a matter of taste.

Personally I find a villain who's aim is to 'gather intelligence' kind of lifeless and dull. And technology and how dependant we are on it, as a main focus of the movie, wouldn't interest me TBH.

I dunno, if they decide to go with him for a sequel, i'll keep an open mind. But i've never found him a particularly interesting villain myself.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote