View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Point 1, I understand. I'm sure it would look visually fantastic.

Point 2... well isnt that what Zod is going to be doing in movie number 1... but you know, WITH a personality and emotions.

As for the other two points, that's really just a matter of taste.

Personally I find a villain who's aim is to 'gather intelligence' kind of lifeless and dull. And technology and how dependant we are on it, as a main focus of the movie, wouldn't interest me TBH.

I dunno, if they decide to go with him for a sequel, i'll keep an open mind. But i've never found him a particularly interesting villain myself.
I don't think Zod has the depth of knowledge Brainiac has, nor the connection to Kal El's father.

The emotionless part for me is more interesting as it's the polar opposite of the heart on the sleeve nature of Superman, or the power hungry ego centric villain.

In truth though I wasn't trying to convince you of the themes I find interesting, I was just answering your question of why I'd like Brainiac to be the villain in a sequel.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote